Reducing Stress One Candle at a Time
Candles go beyond exuding great scents and creating an ambiance for a bedtime routine, stay-at-home date or rainy day. They can also help you destress and stay calm.
The Science Behind Candle RelaxationCandle Light
Candles are scientifically proven to soothe us. The gentle, mesmerizing quality of their light makes them a perfect aid for any relaxation routine. Melt takes the science of candles one step further though; creating scented candles proven to transform your mood.
Stress Relieving Properties of AromasThese stress-relieving properties stem from aromatherapy, which utilizes essential oils as a therapeutic and natural way to improve well-being.
Instead of artificial fragrance and parabens that do more harm than good, our candles include a combination of premium fragrance and essential oils to help you ease your mind and body.
Try the following scents depending on what aromatherapy property interests you:
- Palo Santo- Cedarwood similar to lavender, cedarwood is thought to be good for detoxifying and clearing negative emotions.
- Blood Orange Cider- Citrus notes help boost energy and reduce stress.
- Capri Lemon- Lemon helps ease anxiety and improve mood.
- Vanilla Santal- Vanilla is linked to feeling more happy and joyful.
- Fig- Eucalyptus is known to relieve mental exhaustion by boosting circulation to the brain, thereby stimulating the mind out of sluggishness, and rejuvenating the spirit.
- Tobacco + Vanilla- Sandalwood aids in meditation, so it’s a great scent for calming any nerves or pressures.
* We use phthalate-free fragrance oils that are unique, sophisticated and created using fine fragrance oils + pure essential oils from around the world.
Discovering Your Home Fragrance
There is a strong connection between scents and memories that affect our emotional wellbeing.
Specific scents can remind us of cheerful, calming and exciting memories. Scents can even make us feel nostalgic.
When scents activate the same hormones repeatedly in a positive way, we usually cater to lighting these candles. Moreover, we establish these as part of our home scent.