Meet the Maker
Krisia Nguyen, Creator + Founder of W Candle Company
Hi, I'm Krisia Nguyen, the founder of W Candle Company. W Candle Company is a North Carolina-based home fragrance company, founded in 2020. For as long as I can remember, I have always loved candles and fell in love with the candle making process. I started making my own candles because I just couldn't find the perfect candle for open-concept floorplans. It evolved and W Candle Company was born!As W Candle Company grows, we are committed to keeping sustainability in our products down to the packaging and reusable vessels. We are not about creating more but creating better. All of our products are made from coconut wax and our entire line is phthalate-free, dye-free and eco-friendly.
- Coconut Wax- We use sustainable coconut wax for a clean and complete burn.
- Fragrances- Our exclusive collection of phthalate-free fragrance oils are unique, sophisticated and created using fine fragrance oils + pure essential oils from around the world.
- Scent Throw- Our candles are filled with 11% fragrance load (higher than most candles) and our coconut wax makes the most of every ounce.
- A Zero- Waste Approach- We designed our vessels to fit any space, and to be easy to repurpose. The food-grade glass is non-toxic, odorless, and 100% BPA Free.
- Eco-Friendly Packaging- Biodegradable, 100% plastic-free packaging.
Creating this line, I have poured my heart and soul into every piece of it. Choosing the name was the most important for me. I get asked often why W? Simply, W is for Water. An issue close to my heart is the water crisis, and specifically how it impacts millions of people across the globe. Water is a necessity for everyone and yet it remains a luxury to many people around the world.
This led us to work with WaterAid, a non-profit organization that transforms lives by improving access to clean water, hygiene and sanitation in the world’s poorest communities. When you buy a candle, 5% of profits are donated to WaterAid, allowing you to be a small part of something big.
When I'm not pouring candles in the studio you can find me baking or visiting new bakeries! I also love spending time with my husband and 2 fur-babies, Apple (mini dachshund) and Brady (maltipoo).
"Man loves company - even if it is only that of a small burning candle"- George C. Lichtenberg