A Zero- Waste Approach: Re-purposing Candle Jars
When it comes to staying eco friendly, W Candle Company makes saving the planet a priority one candle at a time. If you didn't know, our vessels are 100% reusable and make for great for storing flour/sugar, vases for flowers, makeup brush holders, etc. We designed our vessels to fit any space, and to be easy to repurpose. The food-grade glass is non-toxic, odorless, and 100% BPA Free.
The great thing about recycling is that it's totally free and you're helping the planet. In addition, we use biodegradable, 100% plastic-free packaging.
We hope this encourages you to go green and re-use your candle vessels. If you can't re-use your glass, we encourage you to recycle it locally.
7 simple steps to re-use your candle glass
- Farewell- When your candle has 1/2 an inch of wax left (that's 1.25 cm for metric people), it's a good time to say your final farewell.
- Peel off lables.
- Put the glass in the freezer- Put the candle in the freezer and leave for at least a few hours. We try to do it overnight. As wax cools, it shrinks. This helps to separate it from the glass. It also makes the consistency harder, which makes it easier to clean out.
- Crack the wax with a knife CAREFULLY!
- Wipe out the reaming wax.
- Clean the glass in the sink or dishwasher.
- Repurpose- This clear glass jar features a wide mouth opening for ease of access and scooping, making the jar perfect for storing flour, sugar, or cereal on the countertop or in the pantry. The snug fitting lids are designed with a silicone ring for a tight seal to help keep food fresh and moisture free. The food-grade glass is non-toxic, odorless, and 100% BPA Free.